Thursday 16 April 2009

London Black Taxi Cab diaries, no 5

On one of my many trips down Piccadilly I had a BMW 5 series blatantly jump the lights on me at Berkeley Street. I was angrily beeping and flashing him as I followed him, but soon realised he didn’t care as he was part of the huge contingent of Paparazzi trying to position themselves outside the Wolseley restaurant. I had conflicting reports from customers that it was Kelly Osborn, the Princes Harry and William, and Paris Hilton?!
Later I picked up a smart Asian man with a very pretty blond from a club in Kensington, and took him to Victoria. After dropping her he told me he couldn't believe he had pulled her, but had to be up in the morning so couldn't spend the night. He told me that at one point in the night this girl went off to the loo, and he went up for a dance with a slim and pretty girl who was already up dancing. When the blond returned from the loo and he went back over to her, she asked ‘do you know who that girl is? Kate Middleton’. One of my jobs was an Italian man who asked if he could pay by credit card, he also asked if I could take him to Heathrow at 5am. Now, I was trying to change my shift a bit ready for an up coming trip, but I couldn’t turn down a £50-60 job, so I accepted. It did tick over quite nicely until I got to the Washington hotel where he was, and luckily he did come out 15 minutes early. The bit that caught me off guard was when he said ‘terminal 5’; I’d never been. I tried desperately to get the map to the right page while I was stopped at lights to see where the building was located, but in the end I came to the conclusion that it would be very clearly signposted – which it was
.

No comments:

Post a Comment